http://ingehenriksen.blogspot.com discovered a Microsoft IIS Remote Denial of Service (DoS) .DLL Url exploit on Friday the 16th.
This lends to the debate whether or not a webserver on a desktop PC is a good idea. Obviously, developers have a strong opinion here, so consider the following: run IIS as localhost only, use Windows Firewall to block all web ports, and disable SMTP and Front Page extensions. Disabling Front Page extensions will prevent the above exploit even if the Windows Firewall is off.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Moving blog to HolisticInfoSec.io
toolsmith and HolisticInfoSec have moved. I've decided to consolidate all content on one platform, namely an R markdown blogdown sit...
-
Prerequisites Linux OS –Ubuntu Desktop 12.04 LTS discussed herein Introduction I’ve been spending a fair bit of time r...
-
Continuing where we left off in The HELK vs APTSimulator - Part 1 , I will focus our attention on additional, useful HELK features to ...
-
Ladies and gentlemen, for our main attraction, I give you...The HELK vs APTSimulator, in a Death Battle! The late, great Randy "Macho...
No comments:
Post a Comment