Saturday, January 17, 2015

2014 Toolsmith Tool of the Year: SimpleRisk

Congratulations to Josh Sokol of SimpleRisk, LLC.
SimpleRisk is the 2014 Toolsmith Tool of the Year.
We mustered 933 total votes this year of which 438 went to SimpleRisk.
In Josh's own words, "I began writing SimpleRisk because I needed a tool to aide in my risk management activities and spreadsheets just weren't cutting it. But once I had a POC created, I knew that it was too good to keep to myself. I've always wanted to give back to the security community that has given so much to me. That's why I decided to release SimpleRisk under a Mozilla Public License 2.0. I hope it's as useful to you as it is for me."
Voters agree, SimpleRisk is definitely useful. :-)
Here's how the votes broke down.



Congratulations to all toolsmith entries and participants this year, and in particular to runners up Artillery from Dave Kennedy and Binary Defense Systems and ThreadFix from the Denim Group.
2015 promises us another great year of tools for information security practitioners and as always, if there are tools you'd like me to cover in toolsmith, please feel free to submit your favorites for consideration.

No comments:

Moving blog to HolisticInfoSec.io

toolsmith and HolisticInfoSec have moved. I've decided to consolidate all content on one platform, namely an R markdown blogdown sit...